College Strategic Planning Goals for 2017-2018
Bold – Carryover goals from 2016-17
*President‘s Goals set by the Board of Trustees
1. Helping Students Learn
- Reaffirm the importance of cultural activities on campus and develop an action plan for implementation and assessment of cultural competence.
- Implement AAS Degree in Agribusiness by Fall 2018.
- Add 6-8 online courses to be offered by Fall 2018.
- Increase the percent of recent high school graduates attending the College their first year out of high school from 32.95% to 50% by the 2019-2020 school year. Benchmark goals of 40% and 45% for year one and two.
Data available in September
- Increase Fall to Fall student retention by 2% from 45% to 47%.
Data available in September
- Promote and make accessible Career Pathways.
- Develop a plan to expand CE Programming.
- Migrate to Campus Labs assessment platform.
- Analyze class scheduling times and revise to align with current student demand.
- Create an effective Academic Advising model.*
2. Meeting Student and other Key Stakeholders Needs
- Increase the number of local athletes on teams to 75% of participants.
- Develop an Alumni Association.
- Build on Employee Reaching Forward Campaign.
- Create a Student Involvement Plan including Intramurals.
- Explore providing financial incentives for students to re-enroll in our College.*
- Hold quarterly student leadership group meetings with the President.
a. Student Government Association
b. Academic Achievement & PTK students
- Recognize the 50th Anniversary of the College.
3. Valuing Employees
- Develop a Leadership Development Program that supports 15 future leaders.
- Develop a Training Program for adjunct faculty, as part of the AQIP Action Plan.
- Conduct Noel Levitz employee satisfaction survey.
- Conduct a KCSS Salary Study.
- Hold regular communication meetings with the President for soliciting feedback.
- Part-time Employees
- Professional Staff
4. Planning & Leading
- Develop and implement a marketing plan to support goals of the College, to include social media and marketing to high achieving students.
- Develop facilities master plan to incorporate both facility condition and utilization.*
- Develop a Leadership Succession Plan.
- Update the College Strategic Plan including an evaluation of the Mission and Vision Statements and development of Core Values. *
5. Knowledge Management & Resource Stewardship
- Assess financial health and community need of College academic programs, including special accounts 06 & 10.
- Analyze and assess Facility Sharing Partnerships with YMCA, KEC, & Health Center.
- Further develop and implement the College Technology Plan.
- Develop strategies to reduce the cost of textbooks.
- Create a Board of Trustees and Foundation Dashboard to monitor Key Indicators.
- Join National Community College Benchmark Program to benchmark our results.
- Successfully submit an AQIP Systems Portfolio reflective of the outstanding work of the institution.*