Juried High School Student Art Exhibition
Kishwaukee College will be hosting a Juried High School Student Art Exhibition open to district high school students. This event will give regional art and creative writing students an opportunity to build their exhibition resumé by displaying their original artwork in a professional gallery setting, and/or participating in a public reading, earn prizes, and learn more about pursuing an art or creative writing education in college by meeting and networking with Kishwaukee College's Art and English Faculty.
Each local high school instructor may submit up to 25 art pieces and 25 written pieces (prose or poetry). Visual Art submissions should be categorized by media, and the exhibition will be juried by Kishwaukee College Art faculty. Works Creative Writing submissions should be categorized as prose or poetry, and the entries will be juried by Kishwaukee College English faculty. Works chosen for inclusion in the show would then be in consideration for prizes in specific categories.
Entry Submission Process:
- Submit a Visual Art Submission Form
- 2D artwork must be ready to hang.
- Works on paper must be matted and/or framed
- Works on canvas must be stretched, or include hanging grommets
- 3D artwork must be finished and ready to be displayed
- Special display instructions must be included if applicable
- Attach (corresponding label) to the backside of each 2D artwork, bottom of each 3D work. Directions how to attach a submission form to the artwork.
Creative writing pieces can be poetry (no more than 50 lines) or prose (fiction or creative non-fiction, no more than 1500 words).
- While items for consideration can be turned in as hard copies, digital copies of those accepted will need to be emailed to email@example.com in a word processing document (.docx or .rtf required).
Artwork Delivery Dates: February 10, 2020 – February 14, 2020
Please schedule a specific date and time with Kim Jordal firstname.lastname@example.org or 815-825-9364.
Submission Deadline: February 14, 2020 at 4:00 pm
Reception and Exhibition
As is tradition with Gallery exhibitions, the show will close with a reception to announce winners and allow the public to view the artwork.
The Show will be held February 24, 2020 – March 12, 2020, in the Kishwaukee College Art Gallery. The Closing Reception will be held in the Art Gallery on March 12th from 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm. A public reading of those writers accepted will be at 5:30 pm. and Awards Ceremony will be at 6:00 pm.
The Kishwaukee College Art Studios will be open for tours and demonstrations. Art Faculty will be available to review student portfolios and offer advice.
For more information contact by phone or email, Jud Curry, Assistant Vice President of Instruction 815-825-9532, email@example.com or Kim Jordal, Administrative Assistant to the Assistant Vice President of Instruction 815-825-9364, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on Art or English at Kishwaukee College, visit: