Apply for financial aid
FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) is the first step to applying for financial aid.
The FAFSA becomes available October 1 each year for the upcoming school year.
- Applications open October 1. Apply as possible to ensure you meet all deadlines.
- The 2019-20 FAFSA cycle begins Oct 1, 2018. The 2019-20 FAFSA application will ask for the 2017 tax and income information.
- The 2019-20 FAFSA is for the Fall 2019, Spring 2019, and Summer 2020 semesters.
- The 2020-21 FAFSA cycle begins Oct 1, 2019. The 2020-2021 FAFSA application will ask for the 2018 tax and income information.
- The 2020-21 FAFSA is for the Fall 2020, Spring 2021, and Summer 2021 semesters.
- Obtain an FSA ID for the student and the parent (if a dependent student) in order to sign and submit your FAFSA.
- Use the IRS Data Retrieval Option on the FAFSA for parent and student to ensure a speedier process.
- Use actual figures from your federal 1040 tax form, if the IRS Data Retrieval Tool is unavailable to you. If you do not have copies of your tax forms, you can request a copy from the IRS.
- Round up figures to the nearest dollar.
- Answer questions referring to the "school year" as the year July 1 through June 30.
- Answer enrollment plans according to your first choice college or university.
- How to transfer parent information onto multiple FAFSA's.
Kishwaukee College Title IV Aid Code: 007684