How to apply for financial aid
Students must apply for financial aid every year using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA becomes available October 1 each year for the upcoming school year.
- Apply as soon after October 1 as possible to ensure you meet all deadlines.
- The 2017-18 FAFSA cycle began Oct 1, 2016. Students can still apply for 2016-17 (for Summer) as well. Both applications will ask for the 2015 tax and income information.
- The 2018-19 FAFSA cycle begins Oct 1, 2017. The 2018-19 FAFSA application will ask for the 2016 tax and income information.
- Apply online for faster processing.
- Obtain an FSA ID for the student and the parent (if a dependent student) by logging onto www.fafsa.gov.
- Use the IRS Data Retrieval Option on the FAFSA for parent and student if the IRS 1040 form has been submitted to the IRS.
- Use actual figures from your federal 1040 tax form (estimate amounts if you have not yet filed your taxes, you can update them later).
- Round up figures to the nearest dollar.
- Answer questions referring to the "school year" as the year July 1 through June 30.
- Answer enrollment plans according to your first choice college or university.
Kishwaukee College Title IV Aid Code: 007684