The Financial Aid Office will provide assistance and enrollment certification for veterans who wish to use their military and G I Bill® benefits at Kishwaukee College.
*The Illinois Veterans Grant (IVG) is the only veterans program available to students enrolled in the Aviation (AVF) program. This program is NOT eligible for monthly GI Bill® benefits.
What programs are available at Kishwaukee College?
Federal Programs include, but are not limited to, the following,:
- Montgomery G.I. Bill® (Chapter 30)
- Post 9/11 G.I. Bill® (Chapter 33)
- Selected Reserve Educational Assistance Program (Chapter 1606)
- Vocational Rehabilitation (Chapter 31)
- Survivors and Dependents Educational Assistance (Chapter 35)
State of Illinois Programs:
Illinois Veterans Grant (IVG)
Illinois National Guard Grant (ING) – applied for on a yearly basis online at
Illinois MIA/POW Scholarship
The Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA) can be a good resource for Active Duty personnel. It provides various forms of relief for:
- Active duty Servicemembers in the Army, Air Force, Coast Guard, Marine Corps or Navy
- Reservists in active federal Service
- National Guard members in active federal Service
- Dependents of Servicemembers in active duty (some benefits only)
You can check this information on the Veterans Benefits.
How do I apply?
- Applicants must complete the necessary VA forms available at the Financial Aid Office or online through the VA's VONAPP.
- Proof of your military service record and official transcripts for all previous college work must be submitted.
- Proof of birth, marriage and divorce certificates is required for certain veteran programs.
- Eligible veterans must complete an VA Enrollment Certification Form for each term that they would like to use their benefits.
What academic requirements must I meet to be eligible to use my Veterans benefits?
Veterans must maintain satisfactory academic progress to continue receiving monthly benefits and/or state grant programs. These programs include Illinois Veteran Grant, Illinois National Guard Scholarship, Illinois MIA/POW Scholarship, GI Bill monthly benefits, such as Montgomery GI Bill®, National Guard/Select Reserve, REAP, VEAP, Post 9-11 GI Bill®. Please refer to the link below for information on how satisfactory academic progress is determined.
Or the United States Department of Veterans Affairs