For tuition information please click here

In-District Students

Students are considered residents of the district if their legal residence is within the boundaries of District #523 for at least 30 days immediately prior to the start of the term for which they wish to register. However, students who have moved from an out-of-district or out-of-state residence to an in-district residence for reasons other than attending Kishwaukee College are exempt from the 30-day requirement. District #523 boundaries include the high school districts of DeKalb, Genoa-Kingston, Hiawatha at Kirkland, Indian Creek (formerly Shabbona and Waterman), Rochelle, and Sycamore. Also included are individuals residing in the eastern half of the Oregon Community District #220, and the residents of that portion of Lee Center Community District #271, lying east of the West Brooklyn spur (Paw Paw High School attendance center). The Student Services Office will make the final determination of residency status.

Employment in the District: Students who are not residents of Kishwaukee College District 523 but who are employed full-time (35 hours per week) in the district are eligible for in-district tuition and fees. To qualify, a letter must be on file in the Student Services Office each semester prior to the student’s registration. The letter must be written on company stationary and must be signed by either the supervisor or the director of human resources.

Out-Of-District Students

If your legal residence is outside District 523 but within the State of Illinois, you are considered to be an out-of-district resident. If your course or program enrollment does not qualify under Chargebacks/Joint Agreements, variable tuition eligibility, in-district employment waiver, or other waivers you will be charged out-of-district tuition. Students enrolling in on-line courses offered by Kishwaukee College will be charged in-district tuition for the on-line courses. For a complete list of acceptable documents and dates please visit Proof of Residency.

Out-Of-State Students/Foreign Country Resident

If you are a legal resident of another state, you will be classified as an out-of-state- resident and charged the out-of-state tuition. If you are a citizen of another country and will apply for admission to Kishwaukee College as an international student, you will be charged the foreign student tuition. Students enrolling in on-line courses offered by Kishwaukee College will be charged in-district tuition for the on-line courses.

CAREER Agreement

Students of Kishwaukee College District 523 who wish to pursue an occupational degree or certificate not available at Kishwaukee College may be able to do so through a CAREER agreement.

Kishwaukee College has CAREER agreements with several community college districts. These agreements allow a resident of the Kishwaukee College District 523 to take any approved occupational program not offered by Kishwaukee College at the in-district tuition of the college that offers the program. A CAREER Agreement form signed by the Student Services representative is required. If approved, the CAREER agreement is valid for one academic year (including summer).

The Application for CAREER Agreement is available in the Student Services Office. To request an Application and further information, please e-mail The Application for CAREER Agreement must be received and processed 30 days prior to the beginning of the term.

Students from other community colleges, who wish to enroll at Kishwaukee College through the CAREER agreement, should contact the Admissions office at their community college.


***Online courses offered by Kishwaukee College will be charged in-district tuition.

Senior Citizens

Residents of Kishwaukee College District 523 who are 60 years of age at the time of registration are not charged tuition for college credit classes. They must still pay the Registration Fee, Technology Fee, Student Activity Fee and any Course Fees. Senior citizens registering for non-credit classes must pay the full cost of the class. Senior citizens on a CAREER Agreement must pay the full cost of the class.