As a local business, our employer services can supply you with the resources to contact, recruit and hire Kish students for your organization.
Finding the right people for the job can be a challenge. Kish is proud to produce graduates that are inspired and ready to be bright, new additions to our vibrant, regional workforce. We help employers build a strong workforce by connecting them with students. Areas employers have several ways to connect with our students via job postings, career panels, recruitment events, internships and more.
Have another idea not listed below? Give us a call and we’ll see how we can meet your recruiting needs. We also offer customized training [LINK: "Business & Workforce Training" 220.127.116.11] and professional development opportunities to strengthen your current workforce.
Follow Us on Twitter! @CCNKishCollege
Career Services is now offering remote assistance to employers. Services available include:
- Exposure to Students Seeking Employment
- Job Postings
- College Central Network Employer Profile Creation
- Internships through the Illinois Cooperative Work Study (ICWS) Grant
- Information about Upcoming Career Fairs & Hiring Events
Register for our online Job Board College Central to post positions and more.
Frequently Asked Questions
I'm looking to recruit qualified candidates. Where can I post job openings?
Is there a job fair I can attend?
We get the word out about your openings many ways: online, email, Twitter and with on-campus referrals.
To get started:
- Register your organization or company on College Central Network. [LINK: https://www.collegecentral.com/KishwaukeeCollege/]
- Once approved, current students, alumni and community members will be able to see your job posting.
- You can post as many job opportunities as you’d like at no cost to you.
- We keep printed employment postings for students to view and bring them to other events on campus for more exposure.
I want to host a recruitment event on campus. Is that possible?
Yes! We host an annual Back-to-School Job Fair in September which is focused on students and features part-time, flexible, temporary employment and internship positions. Additionally, we offer industry specific hiring events throughout the year.
I am looking for an intern or to start an internship with my company. Can you help?
Absolutely! We welcome employers to reserve a table in high traffic areas on campus. We generally reserve tables Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 11:00 am – 1:00 pm. Contact 815-825-9472 to inquire.
What other ways can I connect with students?
Yes. Internships are a win-win. They are a great way to learn about a potential employee and are a great opportunity for our students to grow professionally.
There are many options. Internships can be for academic credit and paid or unpaid. All guidelines for educational experiences set by the Department of Labor must be followed.
If you’re looking for an intern, we will advertise the position and send it out to students in applicable majors who meet the requirements to participate in an internship. Give us a call at 815-825-9472 to discuss your needs
- Participate on a career panel to discuss your industry and meet potential candidates.
- Present as a guest speaker in the classroom to share your expertise.
Employer & Career Development Specialist
Director of Workforce & Community Education