CLEP (College-Level Examination Program)
Shorten Your Path to a College Degree with CLEP
The College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) is a national program of credit by examination that gives you the opportunity to receive college credit for what you already know. Whether you are just entering college and hoping to accelerate your studies, a part-time student concerned with the fastest route to a degree or a working adult thinking about beginning or resuming college, CLEP can help you:
- Earn credit for what you already know
- Place out of a graduation requirement or an introductory course
- Save tuition dollars
- Shorten the time it takes to earn a degree
CLEP examinations are computer-based, approximately 90 minutes in length and score reports are available immediately after testing. More than five million people have used CLEP and 2,900 colleges and universities in the United States will recognize credit earned through CLEP.
Military Personnel and Veterans
To assist military personnel in meeting their educational goals, the Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support (DANTE'S) funds CLEP exams for eligible military service members and eligible civilian employees. To learn more visit: www.collegeboard.com/clep
More about CLEP
If you have a learning or physical disability that would prevent you from taking a CLEP exam under standard conditions, you may request testing accommodation(s). Kish students should discuss this with the Disability Office at 815-825-2931. Non-Kish students will need to submit appropriate documentation of a disability for prior approval. Information about requesting testing accommodation(s) can also be found in My Accounts and How to Register for a CLEP Exam.
Contact Testing Services (815-825-9841) well in advance of the test date to to find out deadlines for submission of documentation and approval of accommodations. Accommodations that can be arranged directly with test centers include:
- ZoomText (screen magnification)
- Modifiable screen colors
- Use of a reader, amanuensis, or a sign language interpreter
- Extended time
- Untimed rest breaks
If the above accommodations do not meet your needs, do not register online for your exam. Contact CLEP Services at email@example.com for information about other accommodations.
CLEP Registration and Scheduling
- Appointments are required and need to be made at least 24 hours in advance. Available dates are listed below. No more than two exams may be taken on one day. Call Testing Services at 815-825-9841 or stop by Testing & Tutoring Services (room A1300) in person to reserve a seat.
- A $20 test proctor fee will be due day of the exam. This is payable in the Business Office
- Register for exam
- Click create an account
- Browse & select your exam; add to cart
- Pay $85 exam fee by credit or debit card
- Print off registration ticket; bring ticket with you on exam day to Kishwaukee College
- Registration ticket is valid for six months
Prepare for Exam
- Review the CLEP exam descriptions.
- CLEP Study Guides are available for purchase at most major bookstores including Amazon. You can also download a study guide for each individual exam for $10 each.
- Pay $20 proctor fee at the Business Office (C2140). You must bring the signed payment form as proof of payment to your CLEP appointment.
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to exam time
- Bring a valid government-issued photo ID (driver's license, state ID, passport)
- Bring registration ticket
Please contact Testing Services for available dates and times.